Jasper County MO Recent Arrests
All members of the Jasper County Sheriff’s Office will work together to provide professional law enforcement service and preserve the peace for the people of the County through a respectful, well-trained and focused work force.
The Jasper County Sheriff’s Office will strive to be a leader in law enforcement and demonstrate excellence in service to the community.
Recent Arrests From Jasper County MO.
Jasper County was established as a governmental entity January 29, 1841, with the split log house of George Hornback at the pioneer village of Jasper on a bluff above Spring River designated the first, temporary courthouse/county seat.
- Jasper County is a first class county that has 641 square miles of territory with a population of 117,404.
- There are 940 miles of County maintained roads, 348.8 miles of State and Federal maintained highways, and 548.29 miles of roadways inside cities of Jasper County.
- Jasper County was established on January 29, 1841.
- Governor Thomas Reynolds appointed John P. Osborn as Jasper County’s first Sheriff, who served from 1841 – 1846.
- Carthage was chosen as the county seat on March 28, 1842.