On to the Trump frogmarch! Another devastating round of Jan. 6 hearings
Trump's phone call to Raffensperger is continuously vivid and telling every time: Trump, in his own voice, trying to muscle a state official into helping him stage a coup. https://t.co/MAzZVYa7l2
— Tim O'Brien (@TimOBrien) June 21, 2022
There are too many highlights to count as still more Republicans hammer nails in what should be Donald Trump’s coffin as a politician and coup organizer.
* An ultraconservative Mormon Republican moved to tears in recounting his refusal to forsake his oath to the Constitution to accede to the Trump coup.
* Georgia’s Raffensperger, who persevered in certifying a vote through three counts despite Trump pressure and personal threats.
* A cameo on video by the RNC national chairman acknowledging her discussion of the fake elector plot with Trump’s ‘lawyer.’
* Testimony about members of Congress who were in on the scam.
* Testimony of honest Georgia election workers, threatened in her home, evacuated by FBI for her safety, still fearing Trumpers. Samples:
Schiff: "Mr. Giuliani accused you and your mother of passing some sort of USB drive to each other. What was your mom actually handing you in that video?"
Moss: "A ginger mint."
— Sarah D. Wire (@sarahdwire) June 21, 2022
— Marc E. Elias (@marceelias) June 21, 2022
Ruby Freeman, an elections worker in Georgia, described the emotional toll she endured after Trump and his supporters falsely accused her of rigging the election.
She says she no longer feels safe. pic.twitter.com/QuWtQ497v5
— USA TODAY (@USATODAY) June 21, 2022
Committee members are keeping their microphone time short and letting Republicans do the talking. Fact after damaging fact.
Impeach him. Indict him. Convict him. Send him to prison in an orange jumpsuit.
The post On to the Trump frogmarch! Another devastating round of Jan. 6 hearings appeared first on Arkansas Times.
Post A Comment!